With Singapore facing multiple challenges as industry megatrends and economic conditions re-shape the competitive landscape, Singapore Productivity Centre (SGPC) and The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) have collaborated to present the Retail Best Practices Masterclass Series for Key functional leaders and management executives, Retail Professionals, Managers and Executives in the retail sector.
Based on customised contents developed by BCG, this masterclass series will enable local retailers to gain access to world-class tools in decision sciences, integrate data analytics into all of their business decisions, and solve high-impact business challenges more quickly and effectively.
Highlights & Benefits
- Practical hands-on application to drive topline in adopting a manpower-lean business model.
- Gain insights through interactive lectures and experiential exercises and stimulations from best-in-class local and international case studies.
- Receive guided checklists, toolkits and templates developed uniquely to your company.
- Personal project coaching during and after completion of masterclasses.
Masterclass 1: Concept Development and Differentiation
20 July 2018, 9.00 AM to 5.00PM
This 1-day masterclass will address key questions when it comes to concept design and also includes tools to assess current concepts and design new concepts:-
1. Template for consumer research/ surveys
2. Concept assessment checklist for current concept
3. Competitor concept assessment
4. Concept planning templates for new concept, e.g. what criteria, what trade-offs, examples of different concepts
Masterclass 2: Outlet Portfolio and Maintenance
26 July 2018, 9.00 AM to 5.00PM
This 1-day masterclass will touch on managing store portfolio towards optimised profitability and includes tools to help assess and develop store portfolio with templates to conduct required data analysis:
- Model to assess the health of current portfolio:
– Store-level P&L tool
– Location SWOT analysis
- New location analysis tool, including guidance on how to leverage externally available population and real estate data to plan new stores
- Store opening checklist and assessment tool
- Store closure checklist and guidelines, e.g. how to manage impact on sales
Masterclass 3: Labour and Performance Management
30 July 2018, 9.00 AM to 5.00PM
31 July 2018, 9.00 AM to 12.00PM
This 1.5-day masterclass will present an ideal labour scheduling process using an excel- based labour planning and scheduling tool to manage labour scheduling.
- Store manager interview guide to assess wasted time and overtime needs
- Labour scheduling tool to input data above data and plan for labour (BAU and as well as peak)
- Task planning and cost estimation template leveraging time-motion study data.
Format of Masterclass
The session will cover key concepts, tools and exercises to help understand, apply and peer sharing. Participants will also receive one-to-one onsite coaching led by SGPC consultants (6 hours consultancy over 3 to 6 months).
Who Should Sign Up
- SMEs and Large retail Enterprises in Singapore
- Business Owners, Key Functional Leaders and Management Executives in Retailers
- Retail Professionals, Managers and Executives (PMEs) involved in development and/or implementation of productivity-related activities
Subsidised Fee by SSG for SME: $572* per pax (Excl. GST)
Subsidised Fee by SSG for Non-SME: $1,716* per pax (Excl. GST)
*Course fee subsidy is only applicable for Singapore Citizen/ Permanent Residence
Singapore Productivity Centre
11 Eunos Road, #08-01
Lifelong Learning Institute